Monday, March 11, 2013

Visa interview #2

Jacob took Enam to the visa interview today. The good news, other than Jacob getting to spend time with him and take lots of cute pictures, is that they accepted the police report as evidence of the biological father's neglect. The bad news is that they are still insisting on us bringing the biological mom in for the interview. It is disappointing, but it still may be possible to get the visa done this week if we can get someone to give our in-country contacts more information about her whereabouts. We also have one of our congressmen emailing the Embassy on our behalf.

I guess I don't feel completely surprised to have yet another hang-up, but I still feel very hopeful. Maybe it's easier since this may be the last week of adoption bureaucracy.  We also feel very supported in this by our church community, friends, co-workers, and family. We have a great sense of the prayerful support that is carrying us through.

Thank again to everyone who has emailed, texted, or facebook messaged us scriptures, prayers, and encouraging words.  Even the likes on my facebook make me feel supported.

I really feel like we are close. I also feel a great sense of peace knowing that Jacob is there loving a caring for him. I'm so thankful God gave me a man that loves Him and his children so well.  I'm so glad another sweet boy is getting to enjoy the great father that Jacob is.

So here are some great pictures that Jacob has taken. (and may I give a shout out to Apple for the wonderful blessing the iPhone has been! FaceTime and for free! And photos automatically upload and are available to me through the data Cloud. Technology can be pretty great sometimes)

Sunday reunion!

 Dinner with Dad, starting to figure out the sippy cup

 Dressed up for the visa interview (Jacob had to wake him up from a nap)



1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling the peace and love of the Lord. We will continue to pray and can't wait to meet Enam. Much love from these Wetsells to you Wetsellls <3

    ReplyDelete