Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back on track

(Sorry for the delay in posting. Since November, my life has been crazy from just about every angle. And with the holidays, I really tried to focus what time I had on making it special for my family.)  On to the adoption saga!

Here's basically what happened over the last 3 months! We got paperwork from Enam's biological father in Novemberish, but the immigration office was still not satisfied with the documents. In early December, our agency got more documents to the immigration office and the Friday before Christmas we got word that his orphan status had been approved! This week the documents should arrive at US embassy in Ghana for the final steps.

What are the final steps, you ask? He will have another medical exam and the biological parents will be interviewed. We were told we could travel 10 days after the interview. So yes, a few more steps, but the next word we will hear are our travel dates!


My life is still unusually dramatic and busy right now, but perseverance is my motto (after reading everyone's new year's posts, maybe I should make it the theme of my year huh?!). I'm having faith that this is just a season and good things are in the making.

Now, to redeem myself for my lack of posting, here are some cute pictures of my family!
Happy Thanksgiving!


 
First day of Advent!
 


(Sap hands)


Trampoline  picnic!


Pirate costume from Grancy Christmas Eve at home!


 New superhero capes fit great!


Advent candles all lit!

Christmas Round 3: Nana Claus!

 Rylan, in character till the last minute
 
New Year! (New kitchen)
 We are remodeling our kitchen, so the boys are finding new ways to entertain themselves during our numerous trips to Home Depot.





1 comment: